Sunday, January 22, 2012
Some Zombie Games for your High Tech Fun
Left 4 Dead 2
* On day one, Left 4 Dead 2 features more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the versus game modes than the original Left 4 Dead did, plus support for Survival Mode right out of the box.
* Left 4 Dead 2 features quality next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
* Updated “AI Director 2.0" technology expands players’ ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day, creating fresh gameplay every time.
* Put a whole slew of melee weapons including axes, chainsaws, frying pans and baseball bats to use which allow you to get up close with the zombies.
* The game features four different survivors, a new storyline and new dialog.
Left 4 Dead 2 is the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-op multiplayer smash from Valve, creators of the Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike game properties. With multiple multiplayer options both on and offline, extensive AI custom functionality, four character options, new melee weapons and more, Left 4 Dead 2 promises to become one of 2009's best games on the Xbox 360 platform and set a new benchmark for co-op centric action games.
Left 4 Dead 2 is set at roughly the same time as the original – just after the outbreak that turned most of the population into various zombie mutants. Players assume the role of four new "Survivors," each with their own personality and new dialog. The game leads these "Survivors" through the southeastern region of the US - from Savannah, Georgia through the bayou country, and climaxing in New Orleans’ French Quarter.
Just as with the original Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 is a first-person shooter which pits players against hordes of zombie-like enemies. As you would expect in a scenario where you are regularly surrounded by masses of the undead, it is very good thing to have plenty of help, as well as weapons at your disposal, and Left 4 Dead 2 has players covered on both accounts. The game features several multiplayer options including 2-8 player online and offline (via system link) support in several modes seen in the first game, including Campaign, Versus, and Survival, as well as the new Scavenge Mode. This new multiplayer option tasks players, in the role of survivors to find a limited number of fuel canisters hidden in a level in order to keep their individual generators going, while other players in the role of the infected try to stop them. In addition the game features very strong co-op play support, with 2-player support locally and 2-4 player support online.
The game features a wealth of melee weapons and additional items handy for battling enemies up-close and personal. Along with melee weapons seen in the first game, players can look forward to wielding new weapons like axes, chainsaws, frying pans, etc. Firearms are also available, but seeing as zombie fighting usually requires a little elbow grease, melee weapons are the mainstay. In addition, players can carry other useful items, including a variety of throwing weapons and several different kinds of support items, like flashlights to startle enemies and light the way in dark environments and healing items like first aid kit and defibrillator kits.
Customize with AI Director 2.0
Introducing the AI Director 2.0, Left 4 Dead 2's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.
* Quality Co-op Gameplay - Left 4 Dead 2 features quality next generation co-op action gaming from the makers of Half-life, Portal, Team Fortress and Counter-Strike.
* AI Director 2.0 - Advanced technology dubbed "The AI Director" drives Left 4 Dead’s unique gameplay – customizing enemy population, effects, and music, based upon the players’ performance. Left 4 Dead 2 features "AI Director 2.0," which expands the Director’s ability to customize level layout, world objects, weather, and lighting to reflect different times of day.
* New Melee Weapons – Put a whole slew of melee weapons including axes, chainsaws, frying pans and baseball bats to use which allow you to get up close with the zombies.
* Meet "The Survivors" - The game features four different survivors, a new storyline and new dialog.
* More Game - On day one, Left 4 Dead 2 features more co-operative campaigns, more campaigns and maps for the versus game modes than the original Left 4 Dead did, plus support for Survival Mode right out of the box.
* Xbox LIVE Co-op Support - Along with the usual achievement points, Xbox LIVE stats, rankings, and other support drives collaborative play.
* First-person melee combat
* 4-player coop
* Weapon customization
* Set on an open world tropical island
* RPG elements for character development
The island of Banoi is a lush, tropical paradise in the South Pacific where its flagship Royal Palms Resort serves as the ultimate getaway for vacationers with money to burn. However, all good things must soon come to an end - and the picturesque resort falls into madness, carnage and chaos after a mysterious and contagious zombie outbreak claims its once peaceful atmosphere. Cut off from the rest of the world, only four individuals who strangely find themselves immune to zombification have the power to protect the remaining survivors from the horrors of the island, to discover what's really going on and find a way to escape before their own fatal ends.
* In keeping with an atmosphere of desperation and survival by any means, Dead Island focuses on serious, first-person action gameplay with a close-quarter, immersive melee focus.
* Dead Island's seamless 4 player co-op multiplayer seeks to provide the most immersive multiplayer experience to date. Players can drop in and out of each other's games at any time with no loss of progress as well as the ability to continue on alone or with others.
* With thousands of weapons in-game to collect, from simple wooden bats to fire-axes to heavy rifles, Dead Island is a collector's dream. This in combination with Dead Island's weapon customization system will enable the player to craft the ultimate weapon to ensure their survival.
* The ability to enhance and develop your character using RPG-like elements including an XP/leveling system and un-lockable skill trees put the power in your hands to create and play a unique protagonist.
* Dead Island's damage system gives an unprecedented visual detail of the effects of each attack on enemies pushing the boundaries of visualized gore.
* With an open-world setting, Banoi is filled to the brim with things to do and objectives to tackle, allowing a fresh way to advance both the characters and story at the same time and providing for endless replay value.
The player is drawn into the world of Dead Island on the brink of a mysterious epidemic that suddenly, and without warning, breaks out on the fictional island of Banoi. As a guest of the Royal Palms Resort, the player's stay was supposed to be a dream holiday; a luxurious getaway to the beautiful beaches of a tropical paradise. But faced with the reality of a zombie apocalypse, there is only one thing left to do: Survive. This is Dead Island a paradise to die for. The Island of Banoi: If you've been dreaming about paradise, we know a place where you can make those dreams come true. The Island of Banoi. Just off the coast of Papua New Guinea, located South of the Equator and just north of Australia. Until very recently much of the island was wild and primitive and totally untouched by the modern world. Even though the capital, Moresby, was founded by Australian settlers in 1895, many places deep in the interior still have never been seen by western eyes. Banoi's lush tropical beauty offers many natural wonders: from verdant rain forests to mountain highlands to virginal white sand beaches. Take a diving tour and experience the wonder of coral reefs teaming with life. Hike the mountain highlands or explore Banoi's extensive network of mysterious caves. Along the way you will encounter all manner of rare birds, butterflies, fish, reptiles, and mammals, including the great apes of the Banoi highlands. It's a sportsman's paradise with world-class rock climbing, fishing, hunting, sailing, and kayaking. Or if that sounds too taxing, find yourself a private beach, splash in the waves and soak up the sun. Meet the friendly people of Banoi. They are proud of their rich cultural heritage. The indigenous art is world renowned and unbelievably varied, reflecting the many local tribes with their own myths, legends and language. Come see what Heaven on Earth looks like. Come to beautiful Banoi. The pearl in the necklace of the Oceania Archipelago
See also the Dead Island Official Strategy Guide