God of War III
- True to the series roots, the four pillars of game play - brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds
- God of War III is the epic conclusion to the Greek mythological trilogy, which will complete Kratos' story
- New deadly weapons like the Cestus, powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength, and other brutal instruments of war
- The menacing creatures of Greek mythology can now be manipulated against their will, to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies
- God of War III picks up exactly where God of War II left off ? Kratos must take his quest for vengeance to the very stronghold of the Zeus.
Story and Gameplay
God of War III allows players on the PlayStation 3 to take on the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he treads through the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and the dark depths of Hades once more to seek revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, as well a selection of new weapons, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus and the mighty Zeus himself.
- Only on the PS3 - The award-winning development team leverages the processing power and technology of PlayStation 3 system to make God of War III one of the most-graphically advanced next gen titles available, with even the dramatic cut screens running off the in-game engine.
- Groundbreaking Depth of Scale - Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans - living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.
- Realism - Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.
- Signature Gameplay - Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos’ epic story.
- Sophisticated Storyline - The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the trilogy; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the gods.
- Ridable Creatures - Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
- New Weapons and Combat System - New deadly weapons such as the Cestus — powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength — and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.
- Lighting Technologies - The dynamic lighting solution employed in GOW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera – when using Krato’s sightline - will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.
The God of War: Collection
God of War: Origins Collection
- Two epic adventures released on PS3 for the first time (God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta)
- Completes Kratos' saga by relating the events that preceded the original God of War game and those that came between God of War and God of War II
- Both games remastered for HD resolution and possessing full 3D support
- Full PlayStation Network trophy support and Dual Shock controller compatibility
- Included Bonus Content - DLC contents from GOW Ghost of Sparta (Legionnaire Kratos and Forest of the Forgotten), Video - God of War: Game Directors Live
Discover the origins of Kratos with the definitive compilation of God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on a single Blu-ray disc for the very first time. Fully remastered in high-definition 1080p and stereoscopic 3D, players will discover the dark past that continues to haunt the iconic Spartan Warrior, and why he is forced to choose between his own personal redemption and saving the ancient world from destruction.