Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
From the critically acclaimed director, Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection offers a handful of the most popular Metal Gear Solid titles from the past in true HD for the first time ever. Featuring three complete games, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, the HD Collection offers old and new fans a chance to experience the epic game play, design and storytelling of the MGS franchise.
The "Metal Gear Solid (MGS)" series is the seminal work of Hideo Kojima, Japan's master game creator, and the progenitor of the stealth action game genre. The series has become a global phenomenon, with over 27 million copies sold worldwide. The player controls a secret agent from an elite special forces unit who is sent on solo sneaking missions through enemy installations, vast jungles, and sometimes even the thick of battle. Alone and surrounded by the enemy, even a special forces agent will find it tough to come out alive. But that is the secret behind the series' popularity-the cerebral challenge of figuring out how to avoid combat, and the thrill of sneaking through enemy territory undetected.
The MGS series is also known for its storyline, which blends seamlessly with the gameplay. The scenarios are based on extensive research and incorporate the drama of actual developments in society.
These elements have made MGS what it is today: a mature work of entertainment that transcends national borders and the confines of video games, and one of the leading products of the Japanese content business.
- The MGS franchise is one of the most important game series of all time with multi-million unit sales globally, and countless awards honoring the vision of Hideo Kojima, a true video game icon.
- First time for these groundbreaking MGS titles to be in full High-Definition with revamped graphics, menu systems and much more.
- Play as a new fan or a veteran within Metal Gear Solid universe and experience some of the greatest gaming design, storytelling and presentation of all-time
- Three full Metal Gear Solid games featuring endless hours of gameplay within single-player campaign
- Online multiplayer modes featured in MGS Peace Walker for even greater replay and value to extend the experience further. Go online in multiplayer modes as well as Co-Op mode.
- Enjoy smooth, precise controls with right analog stick formatting and Force Feedback
- See the game like you never have with the frame rate boosted to 60 fps and graphics enhanced to 720p
- Complete your missions and enjoy a new way to play Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker with the Trophies and Achievements mode
The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
- ICO and Shadow of the Colossus on single PS3 Blu-ray disc remastered for HD resolution
- Five exclusive behind the scenes videos featuring the making of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and a sneek peek at the upcoming Team Ico release, The Last Guardian
- Two dynamic XMB themes based on memorable scenes from ICO and Shadow of the Colossus
- Fully 3D compatible and Dualshock 3 wireless controller support
- Full PlayStation Network trophy support
Two Award-Winning Classics ReturnRemastered in HD with full stereoscopic 3D support, the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection brings together two of the most highly-acclaimed single player video games of all time into a single package, playable on PlayStation 3. Relive the magic and fall in love with these PlayStation 2 classics all over again, or discover the wonder of the two of gaming's most beloved games for the first time, now available in crisp HD resolution, 7.1 surround sound and fully stereoscopic 3D compatible. Additional features include: five exclusive behind the scenes bonus videos featuring the making of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus and a sneek peek at the upcoming Team Ico release, The Last Guardian; two dynamic XMB themes based on memorable scenes from ICO and Shadow of the Colossus; and Dualshock 3 wireless controller support.
ICOEnter a world of enchantment and wonder, where once was, is nevermore. Ico, a mysterious boy, has been expelled from his village to an isolated castle. Within his confines, he begins to have eerie dreams of rescuing a young princess from the evil spirits that dwell within the fortress. Blurring the lines between fantasy and reality, Ico embarks on a quest to save the princess and along the way, discovers his own cryptic fate.
Key Game Features
- Embark on a heroic quest in ICO, encountering mysterious obstacles and enchanted wonders within a forgotten world
- Explore more than 30 immersive levels within large, vibrant worlds
- Solve a variety of mind-bending puzzles and overcome the evil that resides within the castle
- Deep, involving storyline that will captivate you for hours
Shadow of the ColossusExperience a majestic journey through ancient lands on your quest to bring a girl back to life by defeating sixteen gigantic beasts. On the back of your trusty horse, explore expansive landscapes and seek out each Colossus in its own place of hiding, armed with only your wits, a sword and a bow. Each one represents a unique challenge as you attempt to find its weakness and topple it.
Key Game Features
- An artistic masterpiece developed by the critically acclaimed game developers of ICO
- Innovative gameplay combines the puzzle and action/adventure genres
- Journey across picturesque landscapes and unearth the ferocious beauty of the 16 Colossi
- Combat each Colossi with great skill and resourcefulness of a magical sword and sturdy bow and arrow
- Overcome a variety of terrain challenges placing great emphasis on pure exploration
- Travel on horseback across miles of ancient land