- Stream HD movies and TV shows rented from iTunes, plus content from Netflix, YouTube, Flickr, MLB TV, NBA TV, Vimeo, and MobileMe
- Smaller, redesigned device with HDMI and digital optical audio output; connects to network via Wireless-N or Ethernet
- Silent, cool, and very low power operation in an enclosure that's less than four inches square
- Music, videos and photos can also be streamed from PCs and Macs
- Comes with 7-button aluminum Apple remote; can be controlled by iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch via Remote app
The sleek new Apple TV is small in size but big on entertainment. Rent from the largest selection of HD movies or rent TV shows in HD, commercial free. Stream directly from the huge catalog of Netflix titles. Watch your favorite YouTube videos. And enjoy music and photos from your home computer on your home theater system. All you need is a single HDMI cable to set it up.
With the Apple TV, you can rent thousands of commercial free, high-definition TV episodes for just 99¢ per episode. Once you rent an episode, you have 30 days to press Play, then it's yours for the next 48 hours. You can also rent over 7,000 movies with over 3,400 available in HD--and most new releases are available the same day they're released on DVD. The Apple TV also connects to your home computer (either Mac or Windows PC), and you'll be able to stream all your purchased music, TV shows, movies as well as podcasts and photo slideshows from your computer directly to your HDTV via the Apple TV.
Featuring ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (as well as a wired Ethernet connection) and an internal power supply, and the Apple TV offers silent, cool, very low power operation in an enclosure that's less than four inches square--80 percent smaller than the previous generation. Control the Apple TV using the included seven-button aluminum Apple Remote, or use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the Remote app--a free download from the iTunes App Store.
Coming Soon: Airplay
With Airplay functionality, you'll be able to wirelessly stream music and video stored on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to your HDTV via the Apple TV. Airplay will be available to mobile devices running the iOS 4.2 (to be released soon).
- All-new design that's small, quiet, and cool.
- Rent from the largest selection of HD movies.
- Rent commercial-free HD TV shows.
- Stream from the huge Netflix catalog of movies and TV shows (available to Netflix subscribers in the U.S.).
- Browse and play YouTube videos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio.
- Access online Flickr photos and MobileMe galleries.
- Enjoy all the photos, music, and videos on your computer on the best TV and speakers in the house.
- Turn your photos into a stunning HD slideshow.
- Stream everything you watch over 802.11n Wi-Fi.
- Simple setup with a single HDMI cable for both audio and video.